Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. It can be very time consuming to book multiple showings at once with various listing agents, your personal real estate agent can easily arrange the showings for you without having to work around the schedules of all those listing agents. Your time is valuable, so let a real estate professional take care of booking appointments, researching property history and showing you unbiased comparable sales in the area.
Furthermore, when buying a property the commissions are paid by the seller when dealing with all MLS listings. This means there is no cost to a buyer to use a real estate agents services. By committing to one agent you will assure that they are working hard for you with you best interests in mind!! Listing agents are obligated to have the seller’s best interests protected not yours.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying experience.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.